>Dah lama betul simpan segala recipes yang I’ve promised I’m going to put up. Finally, ter rajin pulak malam ni nak type the recipes, hehehe. So hopefully people yang requested for the recipes lepas ni boleh lah cuba ye🙂.
1. Easy- peasy crustless quiche
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten ( I guna 50g nya eggs)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables, diced (any mix will do, I used mushrooms, carrots, peas, campsicum)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- any type of cooked meat, chopped up a bit (sausages ke, cooked BBQ chicken,cooked beef, whatever you have leftover in the firdge :-))
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Panaskan oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a round pyrex dish dish (or a quiche dish kalau u ada).
- Combine plain flour, cheese, butter, eggs and milk in a bowl. Stir well.
- Heat a frying pan and add the oil, saute the dices onion until layu. Then masukkan all the diced mixed vegetables and saute until just masak. Tuangkan the cooked vegetables and the cooked meat into the bowl with the milk mixture. Kacau until well combined.
- Then, pour the mixture into the pyrex dish.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch. Serve.
2. Pan-baked Scones (to be eaten with savoury stuff)
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 30g butter, melted
- 3/4 cups milk
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- sift the flour into a bowl. Add the pinch of salt to the flour.
- Add the milk to the warm melted butter and mix well.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour and mix the batter with a butter knife until a soft dough forms.
- Then roll dough out onto a floured board and knead lightly. Cut into rectangles. Then transfer to a baking tin.
- Bake for about 12- 15 minutes until lightly browned.
3. Toad in the hole ( gourmet version :-))
- 500g beef sausage, cut into smaller pieces
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 large brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tomato, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grain mustard
- fresh basil leaves, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat a frying pan and add the olive oil. Add the brown onions, sliced potatoes and sausages into the pan and saute until cooked.
- Then add the carrots and saute for 2 minutes. Transfer all into an ovenproof dish.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Combine egg and milk and stir into flour. Add mustard and season with salt and pepper.Mix the batter well.
- Pour batter over sausage mixture. Shake dish to distribute evenly. Arrange the slice tomato and scatter the basil leaves on the batter. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until batter is golden and well-risen. Serve with salad.